Sunday, February 24, 2013

Southern Girl in the making

I am a Southern transplant.  I am originally from Maine but thanks to the US Air Force I have been all over this country since 1996.  I try to adopt certain things from all of the regions that I live in, today was a big bunch of adoptions all in one.
First, I woke up early (after staying up until 4 am) and went to church.  I have attended a small christian church twice now, it is a mile down the road from my house, so that's hard to beat.  The people there are all very friendly, however the actual sermons are a bit different from the Lutheran services that we normally attend.  I'm not sure if the Hubby will like it when he gets back home in a few weeks or not, since he was raised Lutheran and I think that is all he has ever attended.  It's pretty casual in this church (Autumn Woods Christian Church in Dalzell, SC), and I actually find myself missing some of the Lutheran structure.  I'm still undecided on it.
Second, I went to the shooting range and shot my two guns.  I'm working on getting used to a new one right now and today was the second time that I've shot it.
Third, on my way home from the range I went on a quest for some boiled peanuts, found some at a little local store and then went home.
Fourth, watched the last 60 laps of the Daytona 500 while eating my boiled peanuts.
Does it get much more Southern than that???  I seriously doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...